Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SOPA Blackout

SOPA Blackout- Is it truly a quick glance of what and how information can be censored due to copyright infringment? I can't truly say without a doubt what I've witnessed with my web presence as my website is'nt fully indexed by the big 3.... but it is def out there.


A good percentage of my content goes into detail on alot of the therapies I practice, so I indeed rely on wiki and other valuable sources for a good percentage of the fat behind my site.

In my queries on certain search engines for my site I was remarkebly nowhere to be found.

Maybe my site was crawled shortly after the blackout and my links appeared dead?

Maybe it is just a coincidence... I've added content of value if anything.... meh.

The majority of us out there, no matter what song we may have downloaded or software we used without purchase, ended up spending the money on the product and everyone was happy.

I've admitted of doing the same in the past when I had a curiosity in 3D graphics programs.

It seemed at that time the logical thing to do in order to learn a bit about the software before actually purchasing it. I now own, legally, several hi end 3D graphics program . The ironic thing is I ended up creating alot of 3D models and texture packs and other materials for people to download, for free. As of this date I have around 10,000 downloads of items other artists used within thier artwork.

Well.... all in all, I have to say this protest against SOPA beats the wall street sit ins any day of the week on the intelligence factor, I just hope the people are actually heard this time, our government has its own little Lebensraum mission and I think we're about F;n tired of it....

1 comment:

  1. I was pretty angry when I tried to look something up on Wikipedia today......we just have no idea how easy and important to get information quickly........isn't that why they invented the World Wide Web, so that we can access information freely???

    ReplyDelete